All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

How do you hunt?
1) I prefer to hunt alone 73%  73%  [ 36 ]
2) I prefer one other partner 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
3) I prefer a larger group, 2 or more other guys 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 49
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:05 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I am a loner. Costa Rica is built for me. I can wander off anytime I want, and do anything I want. I follow no agenda. I have no group that I have to meet up with. I might set up a dinner with some guys, but not often. I just prefer the freedom to do anything I want, anytime I want, and if the mood strikes me...go off on a hunting trip. A few times I have made a massage parlor run with two or three other guys, but again, not often.

I like meeting the CRT guys for happy hour, but it makes no sense to me when I see a group of guys sitting together for hours, with no chicas on their laps. I would prefer to be off hunting.

Any other loners out there? As for the poll, I know there are guys who will say they split their time...but I wanted to know what you prefer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:51 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I like to hunt alone at night. Durring the day, I will hang out and visit MPs with some fellow mongers, but at night I am usually alone. I hate to hang out in the BM for hours at night, so I keep moving around. Most guys like to hang there and Key Largo. To each his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:01 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I definitely prefer to hunt alone, night or day. If I'm at the BM with a fellow CR vet or two who I know and trust I appreciate any advice they might share regarding particular targets, but that is about as far as it goes, after all YMMV. What buddies ARE mainly good for is sharing tales of our exploits AFTER all is said and done while I recharge my batteries for the next go around. Some of them can also be quite helpful as translators when my somewhat limited spanish fails me and it is also nice to occassionally be able to hold a normal english conversation as opposed to the sometimes strained attempts at communication one has with the girls.

Monster get togethers, like the upcoming Don Gordo Birthday Bash, can be a lot of fun and gives one a chance to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. But one thing I REALLY hate about them is going to an MP and finding that my favorita is booked up (she will go nameless, but my friends knows who she is), or at best(?) is available but has already seen half a dozen guys that day. (Yuck) :P

In general (whoring aside) I prefer solo travel. It is hard to find friends from home to travel with due to scheduling, lack of time off, availability of funds or issues with their significant others. Even when you find a travel buddy, you style of travel may be incompatible in terms of quality level of hotel preferred, diurnal/nocturnal preferences, active vs. laidback travel style etc. One of the nice things about going to places like CR is that are a really great group of guys you can hook up with WHEN you want to (you can usually find at least one person who shares the same interest at the same time) and still feel free to go your seperate ways when you want to do your own thing or simply can't find anyway else that wants to do it.

Last edited by Prolijo on Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:26 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I am in the loner catagory,but do enjoy chatting with others in CR more than stateside.Although I do hunt alone,I have received some very good recommendations from some of the board members.I tend to drift in and out of groups,while spending most of my time alone.My curiosity keeps me from being either a complete loner,or gregarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:22 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Could someone please tell me what YMMV means? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

YMMV: Your milage will vary

Some ladies are more open and do more things with some guys, than others.

I am a true loner, travel alone, sit alone, hunt alone.

I spend more time 'hunting', depending on the circumstances, it can last for hours.

I circle and circle, narrow it down to five, then the 'interview' process' starts to take place.

The Blue Marlin is set up for the alone hunter, kind of like reef diving, just take your time, hover and watch, then some unique beauty will come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:46 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

While I always enjoy the company of other CRT Member, and San Jose visitors not associated with this site at the News Cafe and BM; all my hunting is alone. This is for many of the same reasons already mentioned, i.e, I prefer a flexible schedule and do not care for a group agenda.

Traveling alone is also my preference for business in the U.S. and other World Areas. Anytime that someone, my boss or anyone else, that would like me to "hook up" with a business travel companion; I have normally been able to get out of the trip, and reschedule on my own terms.

Denver

Post subject: solo hunting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:57 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

As a friend from many years ago so well put it... I hunt best in a pack of one....