www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: del rey,non crt
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Ok, maybe a dumb question, but hey it's the newbie section. When i get seasoned you can yell at me. Why no CRT discount at the DR/Marlin? Are they above all that or do they just figure that they don't need any more incentive to have the mongers go there. I would think that it would be a sound business practice to give the discount. After all there is always competition, and your present wonderfulness can evaporate very quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 pm 

This is a question better served for Admin1. But I would LOVE IT if the answer was because CRT doesn't giveafuck if the DR wants to be a sponsor or not..... :|

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:42 pm 

some members have discussed this with mangement at the del rey on their own....

and yes, basically the del rey does not feel it has to offer any incentive to the CRT crowd.

i have no idea what conversations the admin has had with them.

the management knows about CRT but just does not feel they have to make any concessions on room rates/food and stuff.

at least that is what i was told once

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:52 pm 

Yes they are above all that, don't need any more business and...what competition?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

They figure that they are the biggest show in town, and don't need any help briging customers in. IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:16 am 

Obviously I am a CRT fan. I like the website, I like the general helpfulness of the CR veterans; without compensation or any gain to them they give good advice. It bugs me a bit that DR does not recognize us. They have a good product but in my experience in a free market things can change if a better product arises, such as SL.
Not trying to be a rabble rouser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
As one of the rabble who's already roused--HdR gets as little of my money as it can. The bars there, even the hotel, has its fans and its place, but every time I go to CR (and in real-world terms, I'm a straight-up rookie), I spend less time there. To me it's a "last resort" kinda place, useful only after midnight and I'm desperate for company...especially in view of their attitude towards CRT and its members. I'm willing to accept mine is a minority and possibly uninformed viewpoint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:43 pm 

The only problem is, with beautiful women I'm like a moth to a flame, a botfly on a pile of dogs**t, a Madoff on a Pnnzi scam, well you get my drift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Kind of like the Nana Hotel in Bangkok,,,,,, been around forever, and does not need to give discounts...???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:53 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
The only problem is, with beautiful women I'm like a moth to a flame, a botfly on a pile of dogs**t, a Madoff on a Pnnzi scam, well you get my drift.

I hear ya, but the less chicas see you when you are on the prowl, the better. To me staying at the DR is such a disadvantage...

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

They're not in the market to cater to guys like us, who go down there quite a bit, or live there, and are looking for a deal, or at least know their way around.

Their market is the new guys, first time, weekend warriors who are there to drop the big bucks and buy the bar, while paying $10 each time they go upstairs.

Also, not like their business model needs any discounts. I'm still gonna go there, discount or no discount. They have the women. Gotta go every trip. Might not take all my girls from there, but the place is ground zero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:11 am 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Brother DonCarlos nailed it--the whole place would stink of incense for days. And not to rip off a scab, but look at how Brother BB57 was treated there for mere conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:31 am 

Location: Stuck in Louisiana"dreaming bout Paisitas, Calenas & Costenas"
CLN20 wrote:
They're not in the market to cater to guys like us, who go down there quite a bit, or live there, and are looking for a deal, or at least know their way around.

Their market is the new guys, first time, weekend warriors who are there to drop the big bucks and buy the bar, while paying $10 each time they go upstairs.

Also, not like their business model needs any discounts. I'm still gonna go there, discount or no discount. They have the women. Gotta go every trip. Might not take all my girls from there, but the place is ground zero.

CLN20's comments are right on target !
While I also pull chicas regularly out of the Rey there is no way that I am going to stay there. IMO the chicas kinda look at the guys who stay there as a mark who can be easily manipulated,,,,,VERDAD !

8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Gentlemen the Old Management was certainly not up to dealing with us for discounts. It has been stated, don't know how accurate it is there there are new owners and new management.

The Del Rey now advertises on AM Costa Rica which is quite expensive, so I guess it would not hurt to take another run at them. The only thing they can say is NO..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:12 am 

As you point out Admin, if there's new management, it might make sense to talk with them. But IMO, it's like looking for a discount from Ma Bell in the 70's...