www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:22 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have seen posts about them but never directions to them. I have heard of one in San Pedro as well... How far of a trip is it out there? What are the names of the malls so that I may tell the taxi drivers. Any help is greatly appreciated!
DTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:07 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Mall San Pedro is a short ride from the gulch. Multi Plaza Este is in Curridabat also fairly close to the gulch. Multi Plaza is in Escazu a little further away. There is a new one in Heradia Flora something and also Terra Mall on the road to Cartago.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:42 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

If I was going do try and do a little shopping and "fishing" which is the better of the bet... It would have to be one of the closer ones. Thanks
DTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:34 pm 

If had to choose best for "fishing" would say Mall San Pedro. Close to the Univ. of CR so usually a lot of young chicas around. Most are regular girls or semi working so you going to need to work your line to make the catch of the day.

Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:25 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I finally ventured out to Mall San Pedro. Shit, it took me nine trips to do so. The main reason why I went was to find a eating place with a nice view of the mountains. By recomendation of some crt guys I took a cab ride out there for the cost of 750 colones.

I met Kotigre for lunch and ate on the third floor outdoor terrace. There was a nice breeze and good view of the mountains.

The mall has an american feel to it and there was good security there.

For you spinner lovers out there...If you guys think that the constant parade of women walking down avenida central is noteworthy, then the mall san pedro has it beat hands down, bar none, as far as eye candy goes. The mall has got to have the highest concentration of young, sexy beautiful perfect looking spinners in costa rica (I have never been on the campus of UCR, so I could be mistaken)

Be careful of those young punk cabbies that park out in front of the mall as they try to charge any gringos double what the normal fare would be.
Just hail a cab driving by and make sure you pay using the meter.

As I was walking in the mall somebody shouted: Joe ! Joe ! Joe !
I turned around to see who it was and surprisingly it was Dapanz1. What a small world. He was there with his ball and chain. All I can say is that he was not a happy camper being with his ball and chain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:39 pm 

Quote:
Be careful of those young punk cabbies that park out in front of the mall as they try to charge any gringos double what the normal fare would be.
Just hail a cab driving by and make sure you pay using the meter.

Forget a taxi. Be adventurous and soak up some local culture. Take a bus.

The bus stop is right to the east of the mall, the ride no more than 10 minutes and lets you out on Avenida Central a block east of the Presidente.

All for about 100 colones.

Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:56 pm 

I'm with Ding 100% on that, except that if you exit the front entrance and trun right for the bus stop it is West of the Mall (a minor detail).

This is one of the easiest bus trips you can take in SJ, as just about any bus heading in that direction will take you downtown for about $.25 and one leaves for the 5-10 minute trip every few minutes. The main downtown bus stop is across from the Costa del Sol (1 block east of the Prez) You'll know when to get off, cause everyone left on the bus will most likely be getting off there too.

Heading OUT to the Mall is a little bit more difficult though still not hard. I'm not sure if all buses that stop at that corner will be heading back to San Pedro? I usually go down one more block and cross Avenida 2 to catch a bus going in the right direction. Again, unfortunately not all buses will be going by the Mall, but a lot of them will. Just look for a bus with a San Pedro sign in the front window or even ask someone waiting at the stop if you're waiting at the right place (no spanish necessito, a simple "San Pedro :?: " works just fine). You can ask someone on the bus where to get off for the Mall or if the bus passes under the autopista you'll know you went to far. BTW, my new map has a picture of the Mall building so you'll know how to spot it even if you've never been there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:32 pm 

Quote:
if you exit the front entrance and trun right for the bus stop it is West of the Mall (a minor detail).

Prolijo is absolutely correct, sorry for the misinformation :oops: , thanks for the correction.

Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:23 am 

What about the Terra Mall in Tres Rios? It's only about a year or so old.
It's on the left side of the highway, near the toll booths, as you head to Cartago. It's perhaps three or four miles from the Mall de San Pedro.

Probably the most upscale mall is the Multiplaza in Escazu. Not surprising, considering many wealthy ex-pats from the US and Europe
reside in the greater Escazu area.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Also Try Multi Plaza Oeste in Zapote... Not to far from where they have the festival in December... Great mall, great people watching.