www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:18 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Before you jump in with "Semana Santa" or the Christmas holidays, I am specifically asking about the slowest time during green season, say between late April and the end of October.

When will I encounter the fewest mongers during these months? When giving your answer, specify a two-week period. I'm curious to find out if the vets can come to a concensus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:01 pm 

Location: Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica, the BELLY of the BEAST
My best guess would be the period before the Memorial Day weekend. This would be after the weather has gotten tolerable up north but before the traditional Summer vacation period and before the 3 day weekend of Memorial Day. The objective evidence I cite would be a twinge of pain in my 2nd toe on my right foot. It correctly predicted the death of Tiny Tim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 pm 

Bilko wrote:
My best guess would be the period before the Memorial Day weekend. This would be after the weather has gotten tolerable up north but before the traditional Summer vacation period and before the 3 day weekend of Memorial Day. The objective evidence I cite would be a twinge of pain in my 2nd toe on my right foot. It correctly predicted the death of Tiny Tim.

Tiny Tim is dead!? Wa-a-a-a-ah!! :cry: I didn't know. Guess he won't be tiptoeing through the tulips anymore.

I'm wondering how busy the Gulch gets around/after the 4th of July weekend. My tentative plan is to celebrate my 50th birthday the 4th of July weekend on the Pacific coast, then return to San Jose for a couple weeks, depending upon budget. I love hanging out with the CRT bros., but I'd also like to experience the scene when it's not as crowded. Suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:37 pm 

The 4th week is busy with guys using the day off to come down for a long weekend or more.

BKTUNA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:52 pm 

Bktuna wrote:
The 4th week is busy with guys using the day off to come down for a long weekend or more.

BKTUNA

Right, but I'm wondering how crowded it would be if I weathered the long holiday weekend on the coast, then returned to San Jose around the 7th or 8th, then stay through the 22nd or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:01 pm 

July in general was only moderately busy in SJO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:18 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

uhhhhhh .... 7:00 AM Easter Morning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 pm 

YO El Cie:

This question raises it's head now and then but I for one have never found an accurate answer for it. Certainly the members that have lived in SJ for several years would be more prevy in trying to debate it but personally I think that a viable conclusion is void.

The chica landscape, weather, and personal tastes vary each year along with the influx of more nationalities, their habits and greed which effects the mode of monger sporting. Also, the observance of religious holidays in the inner city to a degree may be on a decline. Go back ten or more years and there would be a better concensus as to a yearly pattern.

Personally, I could care less what the Phuck is going on..... if it was a good time to travel, dinero wise and availability, and the weather reports were not hideous....I'm there. Damn, my man, you phucked your brains out last time.....smell a few flowers and abstain from worrying about all that crap when is the "perfect time" to come. Save the bucks and when it feels right.....GO. As a seasoned traveler you know that "you can get anything you want.... at Alices's restaurant."

Diner open 24/7, 364 days a year. Leap year has one day off......Lord, don't go then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:36 am 

I thought August lacked a lot of gringos but there were plenty of chicas. I remember HH was pretty lonely most days.

"Predators gather where prey abounds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:56 pm 

I believe late July and August is the time with the lowest amount of gringos in town. So it is a buyer's market and the best opportuntity to get a top shelf chica at a reasonable price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:58 pm 

With the exception of 2006, airfares usually drop during this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:31 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

For an honest answer, I would say the middle of both June & July where slow when I was there over the summer. Particularly the third week of July, from the 17th thru to the 24; eventhough it did pick-up right before I departed for Florida on the 23rd. I had a beautiful Jacuzzi suite for the entire time. At busier times, like back in February and March, The Prez continually moved me. This time though, there were absolutely no hassles about changing rooms from the Prez…. Very laid back…

Incidentally, the Spratt ( Del Rey Chica) bitched both in June & July about the lack of Customers, and the amount of money she was making. When the place is packed, and the Bucks are a flow-en, I never hear from the Spratt. So that leads me to believe that things are slow. In a passing note though,
Guys I got to admit I quietly laugh to myself when she whines about the $50 Gringo’s (CRT’s)….Somebody gotta get a discount…

Also, in June there seemed to be fewer girls @ night in the HDR & KL. In the KL getting a table on the Dance floor was no problem. We ordered snacks one night in the Del Rey , and the chicken wings where there in ten minutes. Service was excellent. Way back in February, it took for ever to get food in the HDR and getting a table in the KL was impossible.
Remember, it rains in the afternoon, and Chica’s hate to get their hair wet. So the rain does play a part in the mongering scene (when it’s slow)
I like that time of year because SJ seems to run @ a slower pace. So if what your game plan is to go when things are not hopping, check the archives for past posts in trip report. I would pick the second week after the fourth. Give the Chica’s time to recoup from all the Festivities….

Of course it’s just …..IMHO

Iggy… :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:58 pm 

Also the ratio of Chicas to mongers seem to magically stay the same. I personally prefer the in between levels when you can still walk around in the DR but the action level is good.

BKTUNA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:00 pm 

YO: Fellows:

You guys just slay me with all this micro analysis of trying to predict the best time for whores.....okay, being politically correct south of the border...."independent contractors of sexual and companion services." There! that should ease one's guilt.

This is truly a moot question in that it has no logical answer.

Ciego, Yyou started this. As a very intelligent hombre, I'm surprised at your not thinking about the unsolvable finality of this question. Personally, I think your pecker is pointed again toward CR even though you hinted that after your last trip you would not return. SLUT, SLUT, SLUT. There I said it...and I certainly can since I am an amigo of yours.

Fellows, there is no bad time and there is certainly the best of times, along as chicas are there for your beckoning call.

As a disclaimer I must insert that the above statement does not apply to old Circus. No chica above room temperature cares to rut with my ugly and sorry old ass.

Perhaps most important: The best time to go is when I'm not there. I stink up the joint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 pm 

Circus, amigo... note that I didn't ask for the "best" time to come to C.R. I asked which two-week stretch was the slowest duringthe Green Season.

It's not for me that I'm asking. A good friend of mine and a native Spanish speaker wants to accompany me to C.R. sometime during July. I was trying to determine if there was a time to avoid because of a lack of chicas. For his sake, you understand. :wink:

Also, I've been invited to spend the Fourth of Juy weekend with some friends in Dominical... and if the two pruposes could be satisfied with one trip, I might plan something. If I do three or four nights in Cominical, I wonder what I'd find in San Jose say, July 6th through the 19th or so. Just an idea. Hope this clears things up. :P :roll: :lol: