www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rac wrote:
WOW :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Greengo has a brother :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Twins, Basil. I've dusted off my old Omega code decipherer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:37 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

After reading this thread, I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents after traveling to CR for the 1st time last week. I stayed at the DR the 1st night at the request of my wingman & it was about what I expected which is why I had already made reservations at another hotel for the rest of my visit. I'm sure some on CRT will take offense to my comments but everyone has their own opinions, likes & dislikes. I didn't particularly care for the hotel nor did I initially care for most of the hotel staff which were rude & unprofessional. Most of all, I didn't like the arrogant, obnoxious, ill-mannered or drunken behavior of many of the hotel guests which were mostly American. I am also American & the behavior of many of the guests made me completely understand why some of the hotel staff were so rude & what I considered unprofessional. What I observed must be what the staff deal with EVERY DAY so obviously they are going to eventually acquire a bad attitude & poor opinions of certain foreigners.

I don't want to be playing poker & listen to some guy's replay of how he banged the crap out of 2 chicks last night while the female dealer tries to pretend she isn't hearing what the guy is saying. I don't want to be playing poker & listen to some drunk guy telling another dealer to "do your fuc*ing job & turn over the cards" when it's the players responsibility to turn over his own cards. Most of the guests seemed to behave as though they were in a whore house instead of a hotel where whores are allowed to work. There is a difference! Wished I were making this stuff up but unfortunately those are things I actually observed along with many other instances of poor or disrespectful behavior. Made me proud to be American - NOT.

After I began interacting with some of the staff on a one on one basis I noticed a different attitude. My "yes mam", "no sir" & "thank you" resulted in smiles & a regular "thank you" in return. My modest tips for better than average service was also clearly appreciated. The biggest & most beautiful smile I received the entire time in CR was from a female poker dealer when I tipped her $5.00 after I finished playing for several hours. She never spoke to me or any other customer or smiled before that moment & that's when I learned she spoke fluent English. Yes, they probably can understand what you are saying!

Let me sum up what I'm trying to say. I always treat EVERYONE the way I would like to be treated until I see that isn't possible & I adjust my behavior accordingly. I'm always respectful until that is not possible. That has always worked well for me in my travels including my recent 1st trip to CR. I found the CR people to be very nice & pleasant except for a couple of taxi drivers but you have that happen in every country. I did detect some dislike for foreigners, not just Americans, traveling to CR for what some call "sex tourism" & I can somewhat understand that point of view when it is literally shoved in peoples faces. "Good taste" & discretion would go a long way to correcting that resentment of all foreigners by some CR people.

Myself as well as most Americans believe the USA is the best country on earth. The problem I have observed with many Americans all around the world is they hold that same belief but misconstrue it into thinking they are "better" than the people in other countries instead of understanding some people in the world are more or less fortunate than others. For years, I have also observed people from many different countries including the USA acting as though they are better than others simply because they have more money or greater wealth. Those same types of people believe money gives them "class" when in fact having "class" has absolutely nothing to do with money. The poorest individual can be the classiest person in the room just as the wealthiest person in the room can be the most tasteless & obnoxious.

I have rambled on enough. I'm sure some will want to talk chit about my views & posting so go ahead but "allow me to retort".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm 

Good post Mitchy. I agree 100%.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:49 pm 

I also agree, but I also agree that it is not only Americans who are obnoxious. I have also seen many "entitled" people from other countries behaving badly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:13 am 

Greengo wrote:
typical newby admonitions ...the bartender is stealing from you ...the dealers too...the staff will Phuck you over ...theyre ticos amigos...as much as you as id like to play goody goody and im a superior dipshit....I see it every day ...ticos cheating gringos..then protesting and looking to other gringos for support..mortally wounded that someone would question their integrity...then pouring drinks for the other bartenders later out of the same bottle for their friends and laughing about the asshole gringo they just cheated..in stores..taxis..restaurants...dentists offices...its all the same..the honest and reliable to shithook thieves in cr is 1 in 200...that's a kind estimate..duh :shock:

one sees what one wishes to see. That applies to the newbie as well as the veteran.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Mitchy's post was one of the best in a long time on this site! He is a 100 percent right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Mitchy wrote:
After reading this thread, I feel the need to throw in my 2 cents after traveling to CR for the 1st time last week. I stayed at the DR the 1st night at the request of my wingman & it was about what I expected which is why I had already made reservations at another hotel for the rest of my visit. I'm sure some on CRT will take offense to my comments but everyone has their own opinions, likes & dislikes. I didn't particularly care for the hotel nor did I initially care for most of the hotel staff which were rude & unprofessional. Most of all, I didn't like the arrogant, obnoxious, ill-mannered or drunken behavior of many of the hotel guests which were mostly American. I am also American & the behavior of many of the guests made me completely understand why some of the hotel staff were so rude & what I considered unprofessional. What I observed must be what the staff deal with EVERY DAY so obviously they are going to eventually acquire a bad attitude & poor opinions of certain foreigners.

I don't want to be playing poker & listen to some guy's replay of how he banged the crap out of 2 chicks last night while the female dealer tries to pretend she isn't hearing what the guy is saying. I don't want to be playing poker & listen to some drunk guy telling another dealer to "do your fuc*ing job & turn over the cards" when it's the players responsibility to turn over his own cards. Most of the guests seemed to behave as though they were in a whore house instead of a hotel where whores are allowed to work. There is a difference! Wished I were making this stuff up but unfortunately those are things I actually observed along with many other instances of poor or disrespectful behavior. Made me proud to be American - NOT.

After I began interacting with some of the staff on a one on one basis I noticed a different attitude. My "yes mam", "no sir" & "thank you" resulted in smiles & a regular "thank you" in return. My modest tips for better than average service was also clearly appreciated. The biggest & most beautiful smile I received the entire time in CR was from a female poker dealer when I tipped her $5.00 after I finished playing for several hours. She never spoke to me or any other customer or smiled before that moment & that's when I learned she spoke fluent English. Yes, they probably can understand what you are saying!

Let me sum up what I'm trying to say. I always treat EVERYONE the way I would like to be treated until I see that isn't possible & I adjust my behavior accordingly. I'm always respectful until that is not possible. That has always worked well for me in my travels including my recent 1st trip to CR. I found the CR people to be very nice & pleasant except for a couple of taxi drivers but you have that happen in every country. I did detect some dislike for foreigners, not just Americans, traveling to CR for what some call "sex tourism" & I can somewhat understand that point of view when it is literally shoved in peoples faces. "Good taste" & discretion would go a long way to correcting that resentment of all foreigners by some CR people.

Myself as well as most Americans believe the USA is the best country on earth. The problem I have observed with many Americans all around the world is they hold that same belief but misconstrue it into thinking they are "better" than the people in other countries instead of understanding some people in the world are more or less fortunate than others. For years, I have also observed people from many different countries including the USA acting as though they are better than others simply because they have more money or greater wealth. Those same types of people believe money gives them "class" when in fact having "class" has absolutely nothing to do with money. The poorest individual can be the classiest person in the room just as the wealthiest person in the room can be the most tasteless & obnoxious.

I have rambled on enough. I'm sure some will want to talk chit about my views & posting so go ahead but "allow me to retort".

Great post Mitchy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 am 

Excellent Post Mitchy! I follow these rules as well every where in the World!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:17 pm 

There is a group (club) of old farts who have lived here in Costa Rica for many years (some of them were living here when I came the first time (20years). It has been refered to as the "HATERS CLUB" by others!!! They are lined up every morning waiting on THEIR bar to open. When it does they go in, take their seat, and order their first drink of the day (that is not counting the ones they drink before they left their apartment)! And there you will find them (EVERYDAY) drinking and running down Costa Rica and the people and every thing about the country, telling EACH OTHER how terrible everything is here. And they will be there till the bar closes, always with a drink in their hands!!!!

GRINGO MUST BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE "HATERS CLUB"!!! though he has implied he still works.

My only question for him and others (the :HATERS CLUB") : Why in hell would anyone live in any place that fits HIS (THEIR) description of Costa Rica :roll: :shock: :? :idea: :?: :?: :?: Especially for as long as he and the "club members" have lived here!!!!! I have asked this question of him before and, as with any question asked of Gringo, he NEVER answers the question!!!

He is a member of this board, a board (I think, but maybe I am wrong based on 2-3 regular posters here) that is suppose to be promoting CR as a place to come and have fun "MONGERING" :P :!: :twisted: Yep for some that do not seem to know or understand, THIS IS A MONGERING BOARD :idea: :o :roll: Yet almost every one of Gringo's posts seem to not be designed to warn people to be careful here, as in any foreign country, but rather to SCARE THEM AWAY COMPLETELY!!!! JMHO!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:02 pm 

Greengo wrote:
the cumdrunk accolades of the underbred in a whimsical quest for social validation?...just another aspect of psychosexual dysmorphism in search of political expression...making excuses for ones shame linked to sexual aberration is the basis for social democracy and the current army of apologists and their attendant brigade of fudgepackers and angry rugmunchers..who fervently believe this cannot be averted until "normality" has been obliterated...pol pot ..hitler..stalin...mao...all deeply and secretly sexually aberrant ...the elite from the west knew this in the late 1800s ...and after meeting and studying the works of the most prolific commie shitbirds ..widely agreed that extolling the virtues of this penile phantasmagoria would be the best way to control and eliminate competition from the masses slipping the surreptitious bonds of monarchal structure..thus hoping to be better than one "is" by the sublimation of forbidden desire.... "is what is is ...(probably the most famous example)... :shock:

Godwin's Law quietly retires Greengo into the obscure CR Misanthropic Society. :mrgreen:

now if someone could just block his access to Thesaurus.com ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Does anyone have an Enigma machine? :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:49 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
I'm with Bro BangBang57 on this. Anyone who reads Greengo's ramblings for anything other than the amusement value of his language is making a mistake (yes, he's had some info in some of his posts but only a piffling percentage). He's entitled to his opinions; I'm duty-bound to ignore them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Geengo's post make more sense to me than your useless video post and armchair advice you old fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
SpeakNo wrote:
Geengo's post make more sense to me than your useless video post and armchair advice you old fool

I take compliments wherever I can find them. This evidently is not the place. Consider upping your meds' dosage O/W have a nice day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Greengo wrote:
typical newby admonitions ...the bartender is stealing from you ...the dealers too...the staff will Phuck you over ...theyre ticos amigos...as much as you as id like to play goody goody and im a superior dipshit....I see it every day ...ticos cheating gringos..then protesting and looking to other gringos for support..mortally wounded that someone would question their integrity...then pouring drinks for the other bartenders later out of the same bottle for their friends and laughing about the asshole gringo they just cheated..in stores..taxis..restaurants...dentists offices...its all the same..the honest and reliable to shithook thieves in cr is 1 in 200...that's a kind estimate..duh :shock:

Mr. Greengo, I want to thank you for staying the course & providing the type of response everyone expects from you. I interrupted the way you used "Newby" to be synonymous with naive or idiot. Very inaccurate assumption on you part.

First, I was invited by a friend to travel to CR with him because he knows I am an experienced world traveler & he literally wanted a "wingman" to watch his back even though he speaks Spanish fluently.

Second, my line of work requires me to deal with unscrupulous types on a daily basis. The thieves, scammers & hustler types you mention & much worse have been my "customers" so to speak for the last 26 years. There isn't a naive cell left in my body.

If I read part of your response correctly you characterize well mannered gentleman like behavior as being a "goody goody superior dipshit". Being a true gentleman has so many advantages & rewards that you could never begin to understand or even believe. Obviously, at this point no one can teach you good manners if you don't already have them because you are set in your ways as is obvious by your postings. I also see that no one can teach you anything about CR because you already know it all!

I can teach you something about life if you are interested. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE MISERABLE! You don't seem to be happy living in CR & I'm guessing you are unhappy with your life as a whole so do something about it. ONLY YOU can make the change that leads to happiness. Good luck to you & at this point our discussion is now complete!

GoodDayJohn, Jawanker, BashfulDwarf, Bariomarca, Zunbake3, BangBang57 & the rest on CRT - I hope all of you enjoyed reading my previous post & felt it was something of value to share on the board. I want to especially thank the Dwarf for his "1st trip report" which I thoroughly enjoyed & caused me to do extensive research on CRT before my trip. CRT is the reason I ended up staying at LA & frequenting SL during the afternoon hours. Great places & they are where I shall be when I return to CR

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next