www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:44 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

By "best", I mean the nicest rooms, services, least hassle, not necessarily the cheapest.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:13 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Daniel6060 wrote:
By "best", I mean the nicest rooms, services, least hassle, not necessarily the cheapest.

You might want to first purchase a VIP membership. Well worth the price paid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:23 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Not to mention discounts on those nice rooms... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:34 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

You may want to read this first …
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16357

And then make up your own mind.

Post subject: Best Hotel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:31 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

[quote="J0sie"]You may want to read this first …
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16357

And then make up your own mind.[/quote]

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I needed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:31 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

[quote="Special K"][quote="Daniel6060"]By "best", I mean the nicest rooms, services, least hassle, not necessarily the cheapest.[/quote]

You might want to first purchase a VIP membership. Well worth the price paid![/quote]

Not so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:42 am 

look at any of the sponsor hotels, you can look for free...if you don't want to join, fine.

but all the hotels listed as sponsors are OK.

if you don't join, you don't get the discount...but the hotels themselves are still OK....you can still stay at them.

even without the discount, they are still as cheap or cheaper than other non-friendly hotels in San Jose.

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

Post subject: Best Hotels
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:50 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

[quote="Californicationdude"]look at any of the sponsor hotels, you can look for free...if you don't want to join, fine.

if you don't join, you don't get the discount...but the hotels themselves are still OK....you can still stay at them.

even without the discount, they are still as cheap or cheaper than other non-friendly hotels in San Jose.[/quote]

Thank you, C Dude. My main issues are nice hotels with no hassles, so your input is good to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:17 am 

yes, one of the marvelous things about this site is all the free information.

free, free, free...even some of the pics of bbbiiiig bbbreeeasteses!

look over some of the stories and topics to get a feel for the place.

and if you are visiting for the mongering scene, all the sponsor hotels listed here are guaranteed to be suitable for your activities.

now, full membership does entitle you to discounts that more than pay for the cost of joining. Also, there is a great map with everything laid out and even more pics and info for full members.

and if it is a matter of discretion, the Admin can even arrange for payment by mail with money order, (tip - you can make up any name) and to pick up the CRT card in San Jose at one of the Hotels/MP listed.
send him a PM and he'll tell you what address to mail it to.

now, I am not promoting the site for any kind of gain.

it is all atruistic! The Admin and others do not reward me in any way.

in fact, I am often held in derision by the ingrates, this despite saving many of their lives countless times by an elixir I invented called DIACORT! (that shit works!)

anyway, my advice is to read, read and read.

you will be better prepared for the little darlings.

(export version only, some restrictions may apply, some assembly required, not valid where the sun don't shine...

if you live in the states of Poverty, Darkness or anywhere outside of The Blessings of Civilization Trust, Inc...other rules may apply)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 pm 

Location: NFM--Geezers, cowpokes and the working poor--yeeha!
Brother Orange has truly written "The only Post you'll Need." May I add to his list of hotels, 2 that have come on since? The Hotel Dunn Inn and the Hotel Freebird Both eminently SEARCHable here.

Post subject: Hotels
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:18 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Having personally visited all of the CRT sponsor hotels with numerous newbies I find value in all of them. It all depends on what you are looking for. I have personal favorites for my own reasons. I suggest that anyone having the opportunity check out each of them during your stay. My personal favorites are the Sportsman's Lodge, LaAmistad and the Dunn Inn. If I was interested in quantity the Hotel Little Havana would merit consideration. For quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced the Castillo is not bad. The Freebird is good for economy and is the closest to the Del Rey and the lower cost mps. Service is good at all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:49 am 

I think and belive it safe to conclude that Vesuvio doesn't make the grade. Not a single review from a CRT participant vouches for that outfit; to the contrary, one member "...took one for the team...." and found it deplorable. (it bees next door to Hotel La Amistad)

Californicationdude wrote:
look at any of the sponsor hotels, you can look for free...if you don't want to join, fine.

even without the discount, they are still as cheap or cheaper than other non-friendly hotels in San Jose.

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 pm 
Daniel6060 wrote:
Californicationdude wrote:

Thank you, C Dude. My main issues are nice hotels with no hassles, so your input is good to know.
:D thats your choice to join CRT VIP or not but if you do decide to join theres more than just discounts that apply . there are pictures and the Vip Section i guarantee if you cough up $39 and post anywhere and esp that section that you will get great advice from everyone :D something to ponder :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:17 am 

Daniel,

Allow me to explain why people recommend joining. We have no stake in it. Just as the info we post is free, we also know that the savings out weigh the costs. Just this last trip, and I have had 5 in a year, I saved over $200 for my room at LA (week stay). Just the room, I didn't keep track of other savings. I think Pops summed it best for you. Have fun.

Dean

" most of the girls down here, lie as a self defense mechanism and to not have to face the truth, thinking most men couldn't accept them knowing the whole truth. Simpler, they may just want men to think they are as perfect as they want to appear to them, trying to hide what they consider to be the ugly truth about themselves. And I may be reading more into it than is there, but I do believe they consider the basis of the lies to be justified."