www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

https://costaricaticas.com/news.php?id=172

Anyone interested in organizing a game tomorrow night post it here... I'll put the passwords in the VIP Lounge below or you can pm or email me for them at vip@costaricaticas.com

PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW THE ANNOUNCEMENT TO SIGN UP!

Last edited by Admin 1 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:52 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I suggest anyone who wants to get started on ARC's website that they download the software and try playing in a free money game.

ARC's site is a little different from other's I've been on and it might take you a few hands to figure out their game.

ARC will start you with $3000 in play money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:59 am 
Site Admin

DONT FORGET POKER TONIGHT!
Gentlemen:
Awhile back you indicated you were interested in playing online poker. Tonight we have our very first poker game in the CRT poker room. We already have a few ready to play tonight and we hope to see you there as well. If your interested first thing you have to do is download the software and open an account and fund it. You can do all this by going to this link.
www.pokeraffiliatesystem.com/redirect.a ... _id=480301

Once funded you can choose to play in any game they have but our game will begin 8PM EST in room CRT 5 which is a 1/2 Holdem game. It is password protected and the password is CRT5 ........ NO SPACES.

A great way to play some online poker with CRT members, chat, BS about ticas and have some fun.

Hope to see you there tonight!

Make sure you use the link above to sign up or you will not be recognized as a CRT VIP when using the room password!

THANKS
Sincerely,
Admin 1
www.costaricaticas.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:02 pm 

I notice on the poker website that the Texas Hold-em CRT5 game is listed as $1/$2 stakes and the limit is NL. Can someone please clarify the nomenclature for me? What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that the betting is a maximum (or minimum) of $1 for the first two rounds and a maximum (or minimum) of $2 for the third and fourth rounds? What does the NL signify...that there is no limit to the number of raises?
I always thought that 'no limit' meant that there was no limit to the amount of each bet. Thanks in advance for some enlightenment. I read the game rules on the website, but they were a little vague.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:56 am 
Site Admin

We had it changed to 1/2 fixed GT.. so next game will be not so intimidating....

OK now with a little promotion when who wants to Play some Poker lets organize a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:58 am 

GringoTim-

NL means that there is no limit to the amount you can bet. 1/2 is the minimum amount you can bet. Before the flop and on the flop, you can bet anything from $1 to all-in (all the money you buy-in for at that table). On the turn and river, you can bet anything from $2 to all-in. That's if you are the first to bet. If somebody bets before it's your turn, you can raise them any amount at least double their bet. You can always go "all-in".

It can be a very fast game. You can lose your shirt in seconds. :( You can also win very fast. :D I play online regularly, but at a different site. Nothing against ACR, but I tried it and it wasn't for me. Just as an example, earlier today, I bought in for $100 and played 1/2 NL for literally 20 minutes. I cashed out for $403. I won 2 big hands (ace nut straight and ace nut flush).

Very very fast game.

On the other hand, fixed limit games allow you to only bet (or raise) $1 before and on the flop. You can only bet (or raise) $2 on the turn and river. The pots in 1/2 limit are generally pretty small (under $10) but I have won a couple large pots (over $40). Most players in limit games chase a lot with nothing because it doesn't cost them much to do so. In a NL game, if you think somebody is chasing, you can put him "all-in"

For beginners, I'd recommend low limit (0.25/0.50 or 0.50/1.00) games once you get used to the controls and everything.